During my brother’s visit a couple of weeks ago, he made dinner for us – he certainly knows how to be a great guest! His secret surprise was Garlic Cheese Bread from North Wood’s Inn in San Gabriel, California – something we love, love, love…..it’s ooey, gooey, fight for the last piece – heaven.
North Woods Inn Garlic Cheese Bread
This is a cloned recipe. It is intended to be soft and rather gooey as opposed to crispy versions.
- 1 pound grated Cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces grated Romano cheese
- 1-1/2 pounds butter
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian sweet paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 loaves French or sourdough bread, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- Additional Hungarian sweet paprika for sprinkling
Preheat oven broiler. Line jellyroll pans with foil.
Place cheddar cheese, Romano cheese, butter,garlic powder, paprika, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the metal blade. Pulse until smooth.
Spread cheese mixture on bread slices and sprinkle lightly with paprika. Place on prepared pans.
Broil in batches until very browned and bubbly